Thursday 1 March 2012

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?
























I took two separate photos from two different magazines to achieve my final photo for my magazine. The first photo is of Billie-Joel from Greenday, and the second is of Florence Welch from Florence + The Machine
.
Both bands do have different genres of music, Florence + The Machine are a more alternative indie rock genre, whereas Greenday are a rock band.

From both of the photos I put them together and created one which suited my genre for my magazine, which was indie rock. The pose I chose was considered more carefully and adapted to. The screaming affect in my opinion was a lot different than the original I found for it. 

The posture of both photos are the same, both standing up and have similar hand gestures. I thought the body posture for my magazine represent indie rock more than Florence's, as you can actually see my model's faces and what expressions they are pulling, unlike hers.

The lighting used for all photos is artificial lighting. With the artificial lighting I was able to edit out any blemishes and red eyes from my photo.

The angle shot of my photo compared to the NME  magazine is different. The shot of Billie-Joel is looking down on him, whereas my photo is directly in front of my models.

The costumes of my models represent an indie rock genre, as they are different colours and unusual patterns, which is what a typical British Indie would wear. Bold patterns, light blouses, different materials etc. The clothes Florence Welch is wearing can only be viewed from the shoulders up. But from what I can see, she is wearing an unusual sequin dress made of different colours, which again fits the Indie criteria.

No props for each photo are used, just hand gestures and facial expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment