Tuesday 31 January 2012

Flat Plan Constructions

 My first ideas for my front cover was created through a flat plan (to the right). The idea itself looks okay(ish) but needed more work. As I started to try and create this front cover, the picture I chose and the articles didn't fit well with what I wanted, so I ended up completely changing my style and how I created it.




 My second flat plan construction for my front cover was more realistic and easier to construct. I changed the front cover picture to two people, rather than one, which made the magazine look more like a music than a fashion magazine. I put in more advertisements and side-headings and added more music-based articles.




 The construction of my contents page was easier in my opinion. I knew how I wanted it to look like and where I wanted what to go where. After researching other contents pages to get an idea on how their lay-out worked and what information went where, I was able to draw up a plan of my contents page. There were obviously things I wasn't going to fully follow, but the basic idea of it was created through my flat-plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment