Friday 10 February 2012

Contents Page Research

 The contents for Kerrang! gave me some ideas for my contents page. The headers such a 'News' and 'K! Quiz' with a highlighted background gave me a similar idea for my contents page, to put them into sections with headers. The main picture at the top of Slash caught my attention immediately and therefore I knew the main story was about that. The layout of the contents page definitely gave me some ideas for my own contents page, but the colour scheme with the black, yellow and white in my opinion didn't go well. The editor's comment on the side was a good touch to it, and the picture to go with it showed an interest for the readers.

 Immediately I liked the 'band index' on the NME contents page, and the 'This Week' heading too, so I took ideas from this for my contents page. Again, the same as Kerrang! the sub-titles had a back colour against the title, and was set into columns. The block writing with a bold background got my attention quickly as the colours went well together, showing that the layout and ideas of the contents page came together well. The subscribe column at the bottom of the contents used a different colour, (yellow), so it came across as noticeable for the readers. This again attracted my attention therefore fulfilling it's purpose.
The main picture on the contents caught my attention, along with the large and identifiable page number to the side of it. This is where I got the idea for my page numbers. The idea of the main photo in the corner to me was a good idea for my contents page too. The attraction to the picture immediately made me turn to the page the picture was from, which was the affect I wanted for my contents page to have. I also liked the way underneath each mini title that there was a small description of what was on this page, which gave it a small summary. Again, I took this idea for my contents page.








The main contents picture I really liked the idea of. Matt Bellamy and Bono's pose caught my eye. The way they are facing eachother showed a power they both had, so I took this idea and adapted from it. I really like how Q lay out their contents page, with the banner at the top identifying the magazine name and the headers for what section of the contents is what.

No comments:

Post a Comment