Monday 7 November 2011

First Ideas for Magazine Title

My first ideas for my magazine title were pretty basic. My original ideas were to have a rock magazine, but after trying to think of names, it became reasonably hard to get something decent. So, my final idea for a genre for my magazine is alternative/indie! Here are some ideas I finally came down to:
  • indieRIOT
  • loud
  • music heights
  • subversion 
  • mainstream
  • iconic (my favourite)
  • vision
  • enstyle
Indie Music
The urban dictionary definition of 'indie music' is: 'indie music isn't a difinite style of music, but most indie bands are infleunced by each other causing a similar sound. ' The term 'indie' is a shortened version of 'independant'. It's in the name really; indie music is basically a genre of music which a lot of people don't listen to, also meaning individual. More popular bands from the 'indie genre' are:
(links below)
These are the more well-known indie bands, obviously as indie is another words for 'independant' and 'individual' there are more bands/artists which no one has ever heard of...or maybe a few people have...making it 'not mainstream'




My photos for my magazine are going to have to represent and resemble a typical 'indie' band or singer. Through this I've decided to read one too many NME magazines to see the typical style/reccuring artists. From my research I've seen that Florence + The Machine has been on 5 front covers, The Libertines have been on twice, and Oasis have been on the cover 6 times. So, basically I need to make sure my photos have the correct genre for this style. 
With this in mind, I thought of what clothing my model would have to wear, main ideas were:
  • band/logo vests
  • denim ripped shorts
  • a knitted jumper
  • messy hair
  • flower headband
  • big eye make up
  • props such as cigarettes, cable leads for microphones etc
So, using my ideas for a model, I now have an idea of what my pictures should and will look like!


No comments:

Post a Comment